Monday, July 25, 2011

Savannah Summer

     There I go again with those wonderful title alliterations. I've never been a frequent poster but lately Bloggers really taken a back seat. I so sorry to all my avid readers, hehehe wait, I'm pretty much my only reader. But I digress... Summers been all to short. Really can you believe it's almost over? I was in walmart the other day and they already had school supply list out! CRAAAZY.

      I had a birthday this month, it was stressful. Between school ending, having to pack up and move back home, and this overwhelming feeling of having to have my life all figured out I wasn't really in the celebrating mood. AT ALL.  This is what I felt like, no joke.



      Despite all this, my mom drove up to visit me for the weekend and we took a road trip to Savannah. It was beyond beautiful. Since moving to Tallahassee four years ago I've slowly but surely fallen in love with the south, red clay hills, magnolias and live oaks, moss, football, and sweet tea. Savannah just solidified my love for life in the south. We drove up on Saturday morning, stopping for breakfast at Another Broken Egg Cafe, if you have one in your area and have yet to go, do it. Everything, and I repeat everything is delish! 



      We stayed at The Gastonian, charming doesn't even begin to describe it. For starters how about breakfast made in house every morning, wine, teas, and hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon, and dessert in the evening. This wouldn't have been the weekend to start a diet. The room we stayed in had exposed brick walls, hardwood floors, and a claw foot tub. Heaven? Yep. Basically the entire weekend was wonderful, hands down our favorite meal was at Circa 1875. Have you heard about the arm party trend? Well this was a party in my mouth. Pictures to follow if my mom can figure out how to send them to me. We've already tried once, I received 35 thumbnail sized images. Awesome. 

       Anyone else making last minute vacation plans or celebrating a birthday? Hope everyone's able to enjoy the last few weeks of summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment